"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life"

Father God, thank you for the love of the truth you have given me. Please bless me with the wisdom, knowledge and discernment needed to always present the truth in an attitude of grace and love. Use this blog and Northwoods Ministries for your glory. Help us all to read and to study Your Word without preconceived notions, but rather, let scripture interpret scripture in the presence of the Holy Spirit. All praise to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Saturday, May 4, 2024

Ozzone 9-19 > Will you follow The Lord through the difficult times? Can you hear His voice?

 


John 6:66 > Remember, these were not just followers, they were disciples who turned their backs on Jesus when He spoke a hard thing. And there were many of them.

25 years ago I had been suffering for a few months. Unbelievably, I got angry at the Lord and shook my fist at Him. His response was immediate and hairraising – “You have not yet resisted unto blood in your struggle against sin.”

I knew immediately that I was in for a long struggle and a quarter century later it is not yet complete. But I walk with God!

The last two sentences are fascinating! We Christians follow the Bible if we know what’s good for us, but Ozzie seems to be saying here that there may come a time when God will take us into new areas that the Bible might not prepare us for. Then we have to listen to His voice and follow His Spirit. It will never contradict the Bible, but it may require us to make a judgment that is not spelled out in Scripture.


No comments:

Post a Comment