"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life"

Father God, thank you for the love of the truth you have given me. Please bless me with the wisdom, knowledge and discernment needed to always present the truth in an attitude of grace and love. Use this blog and Northwoods Ministries for your glory. Help us all to read and to study Your Word without preconceived notions, but rather, let scripture interpret scripture in the presence of the Holy Spirit. All praise to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Abbotsford's Worst Drivers Offer Plenty of Excuses to Police

My home-town police are among the best in Canada despite the occasional wing-nut. Thought you might enjoy these.

In an effort to raise awareness about safe driving, Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada police are tweeting throughout the week a list of the top 20 worst driving excuses officers have heard when pulling over motorists who are breaking the law in B.C.

Below are some of the excuses given to police officers by drivers that have been pulled over during the last 12 months.

Abbotsford Police ✔@AbbyPoliceDept
Driver - I was speeding because my hemorrhoids bother me when I sit. #abbypd - Sorry, you'll be sitting longer now. 

Abbotsford Police ✔@AbbyPoliceDept
Speeding Driver - It is an emergency. My husband called and the baby's crying. Heading home to calm them both down!

Abbotsford Police ✔@AbbyPoliceDept
Drunk driver jumps into #abbypd car thinking it's a cab. "Get me outta here buddy, cops are everywhere tonight!"


Abbotsford Police ✔@AbbyPoliceDept
Driver- This is my 1st ticket ever! #abbypd - Except for the 1 I gave you for running the same stop sign 2 weeks ago. 

Abbotsford Police ✔@AbbyPoliceDept
Driver - I wasn't on the phone, you're mistaken. #abbypd - It's still in your hand. Driver - You're still mistaken!

Abbotsford Police ✔@AbbyPoliceDept
Shirtless speeder on motorcycle wearing Crocs and a bicycle helmet - "It's too hot for anything else!" #Seriously? 

Abbotsford Police ✔@AbbyPoliceDept
Driver pulled over after windshield clearing fail - I wasn't trying to see the whole road, just the part I was using.

Abbotsford Police ✔@AbbyPoliceDept
Impaired man learns his sidewalk-driving, riding lawnmower is being impounded. "The joke's on you! I have another one" 

No comments:

Post a Comment