"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life"

Father God, thank you for the love of the truth you have given me. Please bless me with the wisdom, knowledge and discernment needed to always present the truth in an attitude of grace and love. Use this blog and Northwoods Ministries for your glory. Help us all to read and to study Your Word without preconceived notions, but rather, let scripture interpret scripture in the presence of the Holy Spirit. All praise to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Sunday, August 11, 2013

More of What God Did

See "God Answers Prayer" in the July archive for the rest of the story.

This is what the Lord spared my wife from when He healed her in March. Many of Pat's PH friends spend as much time in the hospital as they do at home. Many hospitals in the US don't know how to treat PH and some will flat-out refuse to admit them. Despite her sickness, Trudy works relentlessly to raise money for PH research while raising her young children. God bless her and her family.

Trudy Seidel 
As most of you know I was diagnosed April of 2012, with Idiopathic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, which means the professionals have NO idea why I was "lucky" enough to get it.
It sounds fairly simple, like High blood pressure which is able to be controlled. The problem is it isn't that simple and it cant be cured, not even controlled very easily; however, it can be treated. "Pulmonary hypertension is a simplified name for a complex health problem—continuous high blood pressure in the pulmonary artery in the lungs, resulting in an enlarged heart which can lose its ability to pump.

My current treatment involves the following: I have a Hickman catheter (which I've already had to get replaced due to a defect), which is a intravenous line in my chest going to my heart that provides me with life saving medicine; I have to make my medicine every 24 hours). Besides my IV meds (Remodulin, which bears many miserable and reoccurring side effects so I take more meds to lessen them), I take Adcirca (another lung med again causing side effects, so more and different meds for those), Digoxin, (a drug used to treat congestive heart failure that I now have due to PH), plus a long list of other medicines that I have to take to fight off all the side effects of the PH drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment