"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life"

Father God, thank you for the love of the truth you have given me. Please bless me with the wisdom, knowledge and discernment needed to always present the truth in an attitude of grace and love. Use this blog and Northwoods Ministries for your glory. Help us all to read and to study Your Word without preconceived notions, but rather, let scripture interpret scripture in the presence of the Holy Spirit. All praise to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Thursday, August 8, 2013

'Come On Charlie Brown, Kick the Football'

My wife has been recovering from knee surgery, Pulmonary Hypertension, fibromyalgea, etc., etc. for several months now, and in that time she has set as a goal to get up in the morning, get dressed, and walk the dog. It hasn't happened yet!


This morning I came out of the bathroom and was getting ready to walk the dog when Pat announces that she will walk the dog. I stand there in stunned silence. Do I believe her? Is this the appropriate time to laugh? I notice that she is already dressed and my heart fairly skips a beat.

"I think I'll go to the mall and graze for Christmas presents," she announces. "But I'm going to take my (brand new never-been-used) walker and I need you to come down to the truck and show me how to fold it up." I'm getting a little suspicious now, but do as I'm asked.

At the truck, she folds the walker with my instructions, puts it in the back seat of the truck, gets in the truck and drives away. I'm standing there with the dog who still hasn't been walked. I'm thoroughly identifying with Charlie Brown as Lucy pulls the football away for the nteenth time.

As she leaves she asks me to pray for her for wisdom. Suddenly, the flesh rises up and revenge fills my heart. "It's pretty early in the morning to be asking God for a miracle," I proclaim, feeling a little smug. She just laughs as I walk the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment