"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life"

Father God, thank you for the love of the truth you have given me. Please bless me with the wisdom, knowledge and discernment needed to always present the truth in an attitude of grace and love. Use this blog and Northwoods Ministries for your glory. Help us all to read and to study Your Word without preconceived notions, but rather, let scripture interpret scripture in the presence of the Holy Spirit. All praise to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Saturday, September 28, 2013

God is so Cool!

Yesterday and the day before were travel days for my wife and I and Butch the undercover police dog. We brought our little trailer back down to Abbotsford, B.C. from Edmonton, AB, in case we decide to go south this winter (to southern California). Some questions need to be answered before we decide.

We spent the night before last at Mount Robson National Park. Robson is a very impressive mountain in the Canadian Rockies but was clouded in when we got there. I did get down to the river and took this stunning picture of the gorge near Mt Robson on the upper, Upper Fraser River.

Mount Robson gorge on Fraser River

We got home yesterday in time to drop the trailer and unload the several bins of stuff we brought back from Edmonton, just before dark. When I walked Butch, it was already dark. Unfortunately, upon our return to the apartment building, I realized that I had lost my key fob. To make matters worse, it's black! So here I am in the dark looking for a black key fob in the parking lot and in the grass.

Of course, we have 2 key fobs, but the second one is with my son, an hour away, for him to use while we were away in Edmonton. Now the problem becomes serious - we can get away without a fob for a couple days, if necessary, as long as one of us stayed home to buzz the other in. But at the end of a long and tiring day, I was starting to get frustrated.

Just then I remembered one of my own proverbs (see Gary's proverbs column). It's the one about glorifying God every moment of every day, in every circumstance. I would remember that one. I began talking to God, "OK, Lord, how do I glorify You in this circumstance?" I immediately thought - by not getting frustrated.

"OK, Lord, I can live with the inconvenience of this situation without getting upset or even annoyed." Immediately, I stepped on something in the grass that didn't belong there - it was my key fob! I wasn't even surprised. God does stuff like this so often it's almost funny. Blessed be the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and blessed be His Son, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment