By Israel Today Staff
|Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu|
“There’s no one in this room who’d be prepared to ride in a car as old as our planes,” Eshel said in remarks carried by Israel’s Channel 2 News. “Yesterday these planes were in Gaza, and tomorrow we may send them to Tehran.”
Israel’s national budget has been a source of great tension in the wake of the summer’s Gaza war.
Finance Minister Yair Lapid has vowed not to raise taxes to cover the expense of the offensive against Gaza’s Hamas rulers. But Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu insists that in addition to covering the Gaza war, Israel needs to pour billions of additional shekels into the defense budget in order to effectively tackle a wide range of pressing security threats.
Netanyahu remains committed to preventing Iran from attaining nuclear weapons at any cost, and maintaining Israel’s air superiority is key to following through on that promise.
With Iran remaining defiant in its quest for an atomic bomb, Eshel’s comment was seen in local media as a hint that Israel could be preparing to strike the Islamic Republic in the very near future.
For an 'end times' scenario, it could hardly get any better.
Iran is probably within months of being able to produce atomic weapons which it will attempt to use on Israel and probably the US.
The US is giving Iran the 'elbow room' it needs to complete the process.
Israel has to attack Iran's nuclear facilities as America will not.
What happens next is anybody's guess. Here is mine:
Israeli strikes will result in a major release of nuclear fall-out that will affect much of Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and several other ...stans, and perhaps even India. Remember Pakistan and India are both nuclear powers, and most, if not all of the ...stans are Islamic.
While the various sects of Islam fight relentlessly with each other, I can see them coming together for a common enemy - Israel.
With the level of barbarity seen from IS this year, one has to consider that they have set a behavioural precedent that could be emulated by much of Islam. Indeed, an angry Islam could reach even deeper depths of demonic behaviour.
That leads us to Exekiel 38 & 39 - the massive invasion of Israel from the north. Some think this will include much of Islam and be led by Russia. Russia has a military agreement with Tehran that would automatically draw them into a war. Other interpretations suggest that it will be led by Turkey.
Whichever is the case it will be an incredible assault that only God will be able to stop. In the current atmosphere, it is unlikely that the US would come to Israel's defence.
Eze 38:15. "You will come from your place out of the remote parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great assembly and a mighty army;
16. and you will come up against My people Israel like a cloud to cover the land. It shall come about in the last days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me when I am sanctified through you before their eyes, O Gog.
19. ...on that day there will surely be a great earthquake in the land of Israel.
21. "I will call for a sword against him on all My mountains," declares the Lord GOD. "Every man's sword will be against his brother.
22. "With pestilence and with blood I will enter into judgment with him; and I will rain on him and on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, a torrential rain, with hailstones, fire and brimstone.
23. "I will magnify Myself, sanctify Myself, and make Myself known in the sight of many nations; and they will know that I am the LORD."'