"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life"

Father God, thank you for the love of the truth you have given me. Please bless me with the wisdom, knowledge and discernment needed to always present the truth in an attitude of grace and love. Use this blog and Northwoods Ministries for your glory. Help us all to read and to study Your Word without preconceived notions, but rather, let scripture interpret scripture in the presence of the Holy Spirit. All praise to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Please note: All my writings and comments appear in bold italics in this colour

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Ozzone 8-1 > Some of God's obscure ways

 


In the mid-1980s, my family and I spent a week or so at San Diego's Campland on the Bay. On the second day, my wife met a young man at the laundromat who was a Viet Nam vet and who was severely messed up. Strung out on drugs, he was haunted by what he saw and experienced in the madness of the Viet Nam war. He also had a father who was a prominent Jew and who had been nominated for a Pulitzer Prize. Their relationship was strained after his return from the Orient.

We had opportunity to witness to him several times that week and felt we were reaching him, but soon ran out of time and had to leave. Just hours before we left, my wife and I prayed for someone to continue ministering to him and bringing him to Christ. As soon as we finished praying, I stepped outside the trailer and found a man standing at our driveway. I approached him and discovered he was a Pastor of a church in Southern California, here on vacation for a time.

He said he noticed that we had been witnessing to the troubled vet and asked about him. I filled him in on our witnessing and what I knew of the obstacles that made it difficult for him to come to Jesus. The man was determined to continue the witness, and I thanked him for being the answer to our prayer.

I just love it when people listen to the voice of God and obey it. God speaks to us through His Spirit if we are willing to listen. The Holy Spirit is not mute! He speaks to us like anyone else, and though He never contradicts the Bible, He is not restricted to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment